The Pink Blog
One of the everyday struggles for us ladies is picking what to wear to work. We want to look sharp at the same time be comfortable (no waistband digging in or shirt gaping to show skin). Here at The Pink Moon we have created foundation pieces for your wardrobe which you can style in many different ways for new looks yet the constant confidence of comfort and quality. So stop wearing kurtis and baggy tops because you have to, you can wear all the same looks that the skinny girls at work do - check out our work wear collection for plus size women.
- Plus size formal Black Pants - Gone are the days of structured formal trousers where the only flexibility you had were the two hook options on the waistband a few milimetres apart. Our Classic Black Embossed Pants are made with a black knitted stretch fabric which looks like a formal black pant material but feels like a pair of soft, comfy tights. It has an embossed texture on the fabric so it doesn’t cling and show the contours of your legs. It has a lot of stretch so the heavy dinner you ate last night will not be a problem when putting on your pants this morning. The pants are cut to fit well at the same time not cling and hurt you anywhere. They can be worn with the matching jacket as a formal suit, with a regular shirt or top for a business casual outfit or even with a long top or tunic for a more relaxed look. In terms of shape and length of pants, we like straight pants with a slightly narrowing below the knee cut at the ankle or slightly longer to wear with heels.
- The perfect Plus Size White Shirt - The right white button down shirt can elevate a casual or professional look effortlessly. While it seems like a basic that we all have, finding a shirt in a fabric, length and cut that works for you is very important. Our white shirt has been designed keeping in mind the curvier body. The fabric is a light polyester with great fall and a slight sheen so it looks like silk. This ensures that the shirt looks like it is new even after multiple wears and washes. The fabric is stain resistant so you don’t have to worry about staining it, it also doesn’t wrinkle and packs well for travel. The longer length makes it perfect to pair with jeans, tights or leggings. Details like the gold buttons lift it up from a regular shirt to something that can be worn to a nice restaurant. Pair with a scarf, earrings and a good pair of shoes and you are set for practically anything - this is the perfect all occasion shirt!
- Stripe shirt - After the basic solid white shirt a pin stripe button down shirt is our next favorite go to. We offer this in multiple colors and lengths depending to suit your preferences - what is common in all of them is that they are well tailored with clean lines and no fussy ruffles and immature details. We think that our blue and white striped tunic is the perfect work day top - it is made out of the softest imported rayon fabric and has a long tunic length so you can be comfortable all day long. We also have variations on the stripe shirt such as this dark blue and white thick stripe shirt and a pink and white striped shirt. Find more plus size shirts which can be worn formally or casually on our website.
- Black Jacket - Layered dressing is definitely required in fall winter season and with heavily air conditioned offices. However it can be quite uncomfortable if the layers are not roomy and you end up with extra fabric stuffed all over your arms. We have created an all weather, all occasion classic must have staple black jacket which can be teamed with absolutely anything - use it as a bomber with jeans and boots for a part look, the classic embossed pants for a business formal interview or meeting or throw it over a dress for an evening out. The gold zipper gives it a little toughness and shine.
- Denim and Jeans - These days with the rise of tech companies and startups work wear often includes jeans. We spent months researching the right fabric, cut and wash to develop our line of denim bottoms which we think are perfect to create semi-formal looks. All our jeans are made of highly stretchable fabrics that take the shape of your body instead of you having to struggle to zip them up. None of our jeans have zips and buttons making them as comfortable as a pair of leggings. They all have a wide elastic waist band so it stays where you want it to. In terms of the fit of jeans we like skinny and straight fits the best and think they make us look and feel great. Our current collection has darker colours - black jeans and indigo jeans given the weather and trends at the moment but we will launch white and lighter washes in the spring and summer.
- Smart work tops - Its always nice to have a few formal looking tops and t shirts in your wardrobe, which will help create formal as well as semi casual looks. Team them up with other pieces to create interesting looks. While you can play around with prints and patterns for the tops, solid and color block tops are the most versatile and can be paired effortlessly with jackets, blazers shrugs and scarves.
- Skirts - Skirts are a great way to add some fun and variety into your wardrobe at the same time keeping it stylish and on trend. Our favorite skirt is the black pleated skirt which can be worn to office, lunch, parties, dinners, vacation - literally anywhere. Pair it with a crop top, t shirt, lace top, printed top, formal shirt, shrug, jacket - the options are endless. It is made of a soft georgette fabric and is lined with a black lining. If you want to show off your legs a bit just reduce the length of the lining so the skin shows through the top georgette layer of the skirt.
- Accessories - Finally, just like a cake is topped with a cherry, complete your outfit with high quality bags, shoes and some fun jewelry. We are big fans of scarves, shawls for air conditioned offices, sunny days and emergency situations (ketchup on a white shirt). Other go to staples are a pair of sunglasses, a chunky watch, gold hoops and a ton of condidence.